YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 11, 2013

An Apple Tree Growing Oranges

I would like to take credit for the following quote: "If an apple tree starts growing oranges, it would be hard to believe".

However, I am sure I am not the originator of the quote. When I said it, it felt so real and if I ever heard it before, I truly heard it when it escaped my lips.

 If we are metaphorically referring to people as the aforementioned, then it simply means that when people start doing totally different things, uncommon to their innate behavior....it will be something very hard to believe. I know that people can change. If I didn't believe that then I would be denying the power of faith and prayer. Lord knows, I believe in both those.

 But why is it so hard to believe that people can change? Is it because we get so used to one thing/way that anything different seems false or bogus?

I wish I was able to fully believe someone when they proclaim a change....but I can't. The person who I fell in love with and spend all my time with proposes changes for the better and the doubter in me won't fully believe it. I have even verbalized that some things about him will indeed stay the same. Typing this now, I feel awful for saying and even thinking that way.

 No matter how hard it may be to believe, people can undoubtedly change to better themselves and the people who love them should be able to embrace and welcome such change with open arms, heart, and mind. Incredible it may be, but I am a believer.

Oranges can grow from apple trees and the taste would probably be much more sweet!

0 comments: