YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 17, 2009

Just Friends

This letter, this poem, this heart thang
for which I cant find a name
is about to let you in my world, my heart, my soul, the true me
which most times I dont let you see
but I guess this time I'll let my words be free
free to linger and touch your insides with that warm, tingly, feeling you cast upon me
I come with flaws and imperfections
but between us there's a connection
one that I feel is truly a blessing
and at times teaches me a valuable lesson
love comes knocking
when love's not wanted
but more so needed
and needs to be proceeded with cooperation
and communication
without any hesitation
but most definitely without limitations
yet I choose to run from love cause when love gets too close, it starts to hurt
and strip you of everything so all that you are left with is love itself
which sometimes isn't sufficient
but to ignore all the fussin' and bitchin'
to yourself you continue to mention
that it's what you got and love is what you'll always have but LOVERS dont always stay
...but more about me and you
and how I smile when you call me boo
and how at times I wanna leave with an "I love you"
but too scared that "love you too"
won't be heard on my end
cause in your eyes we're a little above friends
yet you beat and wanna beat again
but the reality still stands
that we're just friends
which is not what I long for
but rather what I settle for
until a me and you is what we both want for sure
cause baby I'm feeling you
and I care for you
you mean a lot to me
your words, your sounds, your everything
they're what make you and without you there'd be no me
you reserve the master suite in this hotel,metaphorically speaking of my body and how my heart has your name written on it
in bold print
italicized
and underlined
waiting for you to sign
on the dotted line
stating that I'll be yours and you'll be mine

0 comments: